Thursday, October 27, 2011

10-6 to 0-7

On any Sunday during the fall, my location is pretty predictable. I am staring at a t.v. watching the Indianapolis Colts. I am decked out in blue and white with my jersey and hat. I have started my pre-game rituals and I am blowing up my twitter feeds about my excitement, joy, and recently extreme frustration. I am calling or texting my family to celebrate the victory or complain about the defeat. For as long as I can remember, I have been a Colts fan. I have spent money on jerseys, posters, flags, banners, hats, hoodies, stickers, away game tickets, and home game tickets. I invest my time. Since I was young, I have invested my time, energy, and money into the Indianapolis Colts.

Over the past 5 years, I have been to over 25 Colts games. I do not own season tickets but would buy them game by game. When someone would suggest to go to a game or when opportunities to purchase tickets game around, I bought them immediately without hesitation and without any regard to the financial risk. The Colts have been the most winning team in the past decade. A win was almost a guaranteed. Fans were almost guaranteed a quality experience, entertainment, and of course a win. There was no uncertainty regarding the outcome of the purchase decision. There was no perceived risk.

Times have changed. The Colts are 0-7 this season and are almost guaranteed a loss. While I still am a Colts fan and will forever be one, I acknowledge the perceived risk of attending a game. The perceived risk is that I will spend money on tickets, food, transportation, parking, and knowing me a jersey too and that the outcome will be disappointing and I will regret my decision.

After going through the decision making process, I bought tickets and I will continue to by tickets no matter the risks. The perceived risks do not have an impact on my purchase but I do acknowledge it. My loyalty and passion override any of the potential risks.

Go Colts.

No comments:

Post a Comment