Wednesday, November 10, 2010

The "Big Question"


Recently I bought an engagement ring for my now fiancĂ©. It was another High-Effort purchase on my part because of the cost involved and the limited funds that I had to work with. Because it was High-Effort, I shopped around quite a bit to try to find the best value for my price range. While I was looking at different styles of rings and diamonds, I did a lot of perceiving through vision. Size obviously attracts attention, but color and quality are really what makes the difference. I looked at the Shane Company downtown, various mall jewelers (don’t ever do that), and finally found one at the Helzberg Diamond store in Plainfield, IN. The diamond was not quite as large as I had wanted it to be, however it was not too small, either. The clarity and quality of the diamond is what made the difference, along with the customer service and protection plan that was included from the store. As a side note, we were on the beach at sunset in Siesta Keys, Florida on New Years Eve, all dressed to go out to dinner with her parents, aunt and uncle, and grandparents when got on one knee and asked the question. After a few seconds of silence and a small tear only one word was audible: “Yes.”

No comments:

Post a Comment