Friday, November 26, 2010

God bless the USA

The thanksgivings and Christmas season are a time reuniting with loved ones and sharing good times. More importantly its a time to be a glutton in every way possible. I decided to spend my black Friday sleeping in watching Seinfeld (I was a glutton too, a lot of Seinfeld). With that said I am frustrated with everything about black Friday. Physically it is grueling. People get up at early hours in the morning to buy something (not to end hunger or for a selfless reason) and wait until the store opens. Depending on the location it is cold outside and could have bad weather. Not to mention that people are walked on and trampled during these festivities. Mentally it is also taxing. First you have to be in a mental state to get up and take on the weather to buy a product. Also it goes to show how retail stores control a large chunk of our society.

I decided not to participate in black Friday. To me the deals did not over weigh the hardships. Black Friday is the most celebrated holiday, it should be the new Independence Day.

1 comment:

  1. I also decided to skip black Friday this year. Although, I think I may have only done the whole black Friday thing one year. That one time alone was enough to keep me away from the craziness of black Friday. I don't really see the point in getting up super early or not sleeping at all just to maybe get a good deal on something. I would much rather spend time with my family or doing something that I'll actually enjoy instead of being around a bunch of people who are fighting for a specific thing. So, there would have a to be a very good reason to convince me to participate in black Friday in the upcoming years.

    ReplyDelete