Friday, November 26, 2010

I Never Want To See Food Ever Again. Ever.


As this thanksgiving comes to an end, and my body recovers from all the food that it painfully consumed, I can’t help but look forward to this year’s Christmas. I do love to eat, and watching football? Well that shouldn’t even be a question. Christmas, however, allows me to do something else with my family; surprise them with gifts. I’m one of those people who really enjoy finding the perfect gift for a family member and loves seeing real smiles when they get something they wanted. Last year I bought a Wii with my parents and surprised my grandpa with it. Now my grandpa is not one of those videogame playing grandpas; however, he recently was diagnosed with Parkinson’s disease and the Wii is known to help control the symptoms (crazy I know!). He was so-so on the gift but after I showed him how to play, he has been nonstop. He even beat me in bowling and has taken his golf game to a whole new level. He misses playing golf.

But this year, I look forward to planning my gift ideas and seeing how much money I can pull together for the presents. I think this year I’m going to try online shopping and see if I can get some good deals and save money if I plan ahead. Also I’m going to try and buy stuff before break if I can, which means it will be mailed to my place in Anderson instead of back home. My dad is a sports guy and is really into cycling and swimming, as he used to be a very good cross-country runner. Cycling equipment is expensive, but if I buy online and stay up on the savings deals I can find a coupon to my liking. My mom really likes her chick flicks and Christian music so ill be keeping my ears open for specific ideas. I like to buy electronics at Best Buy, but sometimes their prices are a bit too high and I have to settle for shopping around and comparing prices. Again, buying online will help this problem too. My sister will be the tricky one. She is having a baby in 7 months which means the baby technically won’t be born around Christmas…but you can still give a baby gift then right?? I’m hoping so because that seems like the most blatantly obvious Christmas idea for her. I’ll have to look up baby toy ideas online once again to find out my choices of purchase. I’m thinking a little football…or rugby ball. Girls like those too right?

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm such a gift giving person as well. In fact, this past weekend I bought my mom the first season of the Big Bang Theory and my sister the movie, Remember me. They were both supposed to be Christmas presents but I was so excited about it that I couldn't wait and I gave it to them the day I bought it. Ridiculous, I know. But I really like seeing friends and family react to the gifts I buy for them.

    Also, a suggestion for a "chick flick" for your mom. Eat, pray, love is fantastic. It's one of the movies that I asked for Christmas. Just a thought. :)

    ReplyDelete