Monday, November 29, 2010

My First Black Friday

The reason for me attending Black Friday this year was kindly due to my brother-in-law, Ben. I should probably let you know that I'm a big super-hero fan. Nerdy, I know. So, with that being said, one of my favorite shows of all time is Smallville. I had all the seasons up until season 6. But since seasons are so expensive (usually around $40-$50) and I'm now having to live off of a college student budget I haven't been able to purchase a season since. However, Thursday night at Thanksgiving dinner Ben changed that by informing me that all Smallville seasons (up to season 9) were on sale at Best Buy for $10. That's when I immediately decided that I would take the plunge and take part in my first Black Friday experience.

When I got to Best Buy, it was a mad house even though it was close to 1PM. I thought I would miss the huge crowd, however I was entirely wrong. People were running this way and that. Huge carts were being pushed left and right. I was yelled to move out of the way around 6 times. The words "excuse me" were said in the most obnoxious of ways. I almost left, but then I remembered I was on a mission.

My friend, Bethany, who I dragged along with me, and I immediately headed to the DVD/Television section. I almost cried (a little over-exaggerated, but you get the point) when I saw that Smallville seasons 7, 8, and 9 were all sold out. However, as I turned the corner I saw the display and beamed. Right in front of me stood seasons 7, 8, and the very last one of season 9.

Friday I purchased three, I repeat, three seasons of Smallville for $30. It may have been one of the best days of my life. (Again, a little bit over-exaggerated)

No comments:

Post a Comment