Monday, October 25, 2010

Buying my First Car

I still remember my personal experience of buying my first car. I had been working at Kroger for about 2 months and decided that I was tired of driving my brother’s old car that was a 1986 chevy camero, and the car on quitting on me. The car that I wanted to get was a 1996 chevy monte carlo.
At the time my sister’s boyfriend worked at a dealership selling cars, so I ended up buy the car through him. I still remember test driving it. I was an amazing car.There was leather seats, power locks, power windows, cruise control, and keyless entry. I remember thinking to myself that I wasn’t happy that it was red, and I would have preferred if it had a sunroof. I wasn’t a fan of the color red at the time but all the other luxuries of the car out weighted the color and sunroof. After the test drive my brother and me went to see my dad at his workplace, and we told him about the car and that I wanted to get it.
My dad went to the dealership to lower the price of the car. They wanted $9,999 and my dad talked them down to $6,999. I remember going to the bank to put the down payment on the car, and driving it for the first time after I bought it.
When I first bought the car it had 69,000 miles on it and eight years later it is very close to 150,000 miles. The only bad thing about my car is when it needs something fixed. The car parts are very pricey, but other then that it has been a very good car to me. Buying my first car will always be a personal experience that will be part of my consumer behavior.

No comments:

Post a Comment