Saturday, October 30, 2010

Ending my Search for "Sixteen Candles"


There are some things that I tend to keep my eye out for when I’m at certain stores. For example, I have been looking for the classic John Hughes movie “Sixteen Candles” for what seems to be a long time. As soon as I saw the movie on television for the first time, I became motivated to get the movie somehow. At first, I had just planned to either borrow the movie from a friend or get it from the library. I knew both of these ways meant that I wouldn’t have to pay for it. Unfortunately, none of my friends had it and I couldn’t find it at the library.

One day I went to the store Borders, knowing they have a pretty good selection of movies. When I was looking through the movies, I had finally found “Sixteen Candles.” The one thing that kept me from purchasing the movie was the price. I thought that because the movie had been out on VHS and DVD for so many years, that it would most likely be pretty cheap. That was not the case. Borders was selling “Sixteen Candles” between $16 and $20. For me, that was not something I was willing to pay for a movie that I knew I could find for way less somewhere else. I had even searched through the cheap movies at Half-Priced Books to see if they had it. They didn’t have the movie, so I was sort of ready to end my sea

Last Sunday I went to Wal-Mart to get a few things that I actually needed, when I happened to take a glance at their five dollar movies. To my surprise, I saw “Sixteen Candles,” sitting amongst all the other five dollar movies. I hadn’t planned on purchasing things that I wanted that day, but more things I needed for the week. Although I had that mindset originally, I had to make this exception. I couldn’t have just missed the opportunity to buy this movie that I had been searching so hard for. So, I gave in and bought the movie anyway, and am very satisfied with my purchase decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment