Sunday, October 30, 2011

NIKE shoes


A few weeks ago my tennis shoes gave out. Completely. Sole ripped clear off the heal. I thus experienced problem recognition. I began to search for some options at Dick’s sporting goods. There were many shoes that were appealing on display, so in retrospect I began utilizing the conjunctive model of decision making. My first attribute that I utilized to eliminate options was style. If I liked the way the shoes looked I kept them as an option. I narrowed my options down to three pairs of shoes. Two were Nike, one mostly black accented in light blue. The other mostly black accented in pink. The other was a pair of new balance that were pink, white and black. I moved to price, however they were all comparable in price, within ten dollars of each other. I then moved to brand. I first went to my prototype which is NIKE shoes. Nike shoes for me represent a schema of attributes including high quality, comfortable, and stylish. My experience with Nike has been mostly positive and I have never owned a pair of new balance sneakers. Because of this I eliminated the pair of new balance shoes, leaving me with light blue and pink NIKE. Between the two I went back to style. Which appealed to me most? I ended up purchasing the pink pair which were a bit more expensive however, more appealing to me. I love my choice so far and have not experienced any buyer’s remorse.

No comments:

Post a Comment