Monday, October 31, 2011

Textbooks

A few weeks ago I began the near impossible task of searching for fall semester texbooks. When thinking about where to buy books, many places appeared in my evoked set: Amazon.com, The Bookstore, Chegg.com, Dealoz.com, and half.com. All of these places or sites are services I have used in the past. My prototype was absolutely Dealoz.com. I have this site saved on my computer and went investigating there first. After this, I compared Amazon and half.com prices to that of Dealoz. As I thought, my search only supported the fact that Dealoz would continue to be my prototype in the taxonomic category for “buying textbooks.” For that category specifically, the most important factors is price as well as shipping time and quality. After purchasing a few books, I realized there was one book I could only buy from the bookstore because it was specific to AU. The bookstore did play a crucial role in my decisions as it is part of my inept set. As long as I could find books for cheaper online, I would avoid the bookstore at all costs, so having to buy from that source was extremely annoying.

Once the books came in the mail and I began to use them in class, I quickly realized that I had buyers remorse for one book in particular. Upon opening it, I realized the seller had lied about the condition of the book and the professor had over exaggerated my need to use it in class and for work. I immediately was unsatisfied with my purchase and regretted buying it. This is called buyers remorse. I quickly contacted the company and arranged to return it. After returning the book, I reassessed if DealOz.com should still be my prototype and it still is. While it remains at the top of my mind, it did drop a little after one bad experience.

No comments:

Post a Comment