Sunday, October 30, 2011

The Red Box Trap


I often find myself wasting too much time on nonsense when I could be doing far more productive things. One of the activities I find myself throwing away time at is red box movies. The fact that they are so accessible and cheap is just overpowering. For 1 dollar I can lay around for two hours and be semi-entertained. The other night I found myself watching scott pilgrim vs. the world. I had no real burning desire to see this movie and I could have been studying or doing homework, but I fell into the "red box trap" non the less. It was an absolute horrible movie and I knowingly wasted my time watching. I feel that too often this is the case with my time management. I knowingly throw away hours at a time on silly movies just simply because I can. It is just so easy to go down the street and grab a movie for a dollar and waste my time away watching it when I know I could be doing better things.

1 comment:

  1. In other words Dan, you experience buyers remorse. I know exactly what you mean about wasting time at the redbox. It should be such a low effort purchase but for some reason, standing there in front of the machine, renting a movie becomes such a high effort decision. I read all the summaries and even visit imdb if I have my computer there. I have a hard time deciding if I want to rent one I have already seen or if I want to take a risk on a new one. And so often, just like you, I experience buyer's remorse. Luckily, its only $1. Not a huge loss to either of us.

    ReplyDelete