Monday, October 31, 2011

Running Free

Ever since I got to college, I have LOVED running. I go running in the mornings, on the weekends, in the evenings, and sometimes between classes... especially when I'm a little late. lol One thing I do love more than running however, is buying new running apparel. Shoes, shirts, shorts, socks, you name it, I love it! My favorite store to shop for these kinds of things would be Finish Line. I have bought every pair of shoes from Finish Line for years and no where else. On top of only shopping at Finish Line, I also only purchase Nike. Over the years I have become extremely brand loyal to not only Nike, but also Finish Line. This, slight obsession, began when I purchased my very first pair of Nike Free's. From the moment I put them on, I was sure that I had found the most superior product on the market, as far as running shoes go. I swore from that moment, that I would only run in Free's produced by Nike.
Over the years Nike has produced many new versions of the shoe, and I find myself always going back to the Frees I feel in love with 5 years ago, and begin to fall more and more in love with them. Through the Frees I have discovered Nike to be in the front of my taxonomic category for running apparel and most importantly shoes. To me it is almost a central route when persuading others to purchase Nike products, especially the Free shoe. Nike is the best, because it is the best. I have grown a strong emotional and cognitive attachement to Nike because of its performance, and the way it makes me feel when I wear it. Nike, in mind holds a strong symbolic view to all who wear it and use it. Nike has become the leader in running apparel for me, and has proven itself time and time again.


2 comments:

  1. I feel you on brand loyalty when it comes to running/exercise apparel, except for the fact that my brand loyalty is completely opposite yours! I had a bad experience with Nike shoes once where the bottom of the shoe ripped away, and since then I have not bought Nike shoes. I've becomes really brand loyal to Adidas. I think their products are of excellent quality, and I am partial to the fact that the brand is German, a culture I have personal ties to. Now that's a perfect example of how we as consumers sometimes base our brand loyalty on factors that aren't even pertinent to the product itself!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nike is also my prototype when it comes to athletic shoes. They are certainly in the front of my "file" of most types of athletic shoes. I bought Nike's when I played basketball in high school. Although I do not share your particular love for running, I do enjoy a workout. I recently bought my third pair of NIKE shoes. I am completely happy with them. One area that I do not hold brand loyalty to Nike is in the golf arena.

    ReplyDelete