Sunday, October 31, 2010

The Best Part of Fall

I am a big fan of many different kinds of beverages. Pop, tea, juice, milk, water, you name it. But when Fall comes around, there’s just one beverage that takes the cake: apple cider. Just any old apple juice won’t do. It has to be apple cider. Already this season, I’ve gone through about 3 gallons on my own. Every year my family goes to a small festival in my town called the ‘Pumpkin Festival’ (kinda lame, I know) which is where we usually go to get the apple cider. Now, this is not just any apple cider, this apple cider is probably the best I’ve ever had. The flavor is just right; just enough cinnamon so as not to drown out the sweet apple taste.

When it comes to apple cider, I am extremely brand loyal. The kind we get comes from the Beiersdorfer Orchard in Guilford, IN, which is only about 20 minutes from my hometown. I’ve had cider from other orchards, but it’s just not the same. I’ve tried to buy the Beirsdorfer cider from the store but it’s usually out of season and definitely not as good as the stuff that we get fresh from the Pumpkin Festival. I also don’t really care for hot apple cider. I feel like when it’s hot, that takes away from the taste, and I’m not all about that. Even though the apple cider isn’t as great during the rest of the year, I’ll still probably buy it because I have a bit of an obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment