Sunday, October 31, 2010

Scarf Season


So with the leaves changing colors and falling on the ground so does the temperature. The warm temperatures of summer are long gone and the cool frigid weather of winter is right around the corner unfortunately. But with the change in weather comes the change in the wardrobe to warmer clothing. One of my favorite things to buy during winter season are scarfs. Over the past weekend I along with a couple other friends went shopping. First we went to Hamilton Town Center because I had to pick up my pay check from American Eagle, and while we were there we looked at their scarfs but they did not have that great of a collection. So we went to Express to check out their selection and they did not disappoint at all their collection was wide and vast. They had all kinds of colors, designs, and materials. But the one thing holding me up was the price they were $39.50 and up so I was a little down cause I could not afford to spend that on a scarf. We did have a friend though that works at Express in Castleton so I called him and asked if he was working he said no he was not but that he could give us a 45% off discount on everything in the store. That made us all very happy especially me because now I could pretty much buy 2 scarfs for the price of 1 and that is exactly what I did. I did not even want 2 but I bought 2 just because I had the ability to and wanted to.

1 comment:

  1. I will say when you said you spent $50 on two scarves in class I thought it was a little on the pricey end. But, after reading your post it seems like you made a good decision. You got something you really liked and saved yourself about half of what you may have spent anyway. My general rule of thumb: if you like something A LOT, you should buy it, because it is better to have something you love than to buy something you sort of like but will never wear. Example: My friend and I convinced our other friend who is very frugal with her money to buy a $56 sweater last weekend. She is very happy with her decision. Now, I better see you sporting these scarves soon once this week of extraordinary warm weather leaves us.

    ReplyDelete