Sunday, October 31, 2010

Pro-Heinz Ketchup

Ketchup. Of course, it’s one of the popular condiments used for many different foods. I don’t really think ketchup is just ketchup, no matter what brand it is. Brands such as Red Gold, Hunt’s, and Heinz do have their different tastes, and I’ve realized that my family is actually completely brand loyal to Heinz ketchup.

On the way to church this morning, my dad and sister somehow got on the subject of different ketchups and how we aren’t fans of buying or eating anything but Heinz ketchup. As they were having this conversation, I thought about how we really don’t make room for other brands of ketchup in our house. I mean, I’ll eat a different brand of ketchup at someone else’s house just because I don’t want to be rude, but I wouldn’t doubt if I make some kind of funny face because I can taste the difference between Heinz and some other brand.

Because I usually eat whatever is in the Haven, Market Place , or some restaurant, I don’t really feel the need to go out and buy my own ketchup for food I don’t need ketchup for. If I did have to buy ketchup though, I would most likely get Heinz due to my past experiences with my mom buying Heinz every time. I wouldn’t waste time sifting through all of the off-brand ketchups or brands other than Heinz. I’m already used to the taste of Heinz ketchup and I haven’t gotten tired of the taste so far in my 19 years of life. Therefore, I will most likely remain pro-Heinz Ketchup.

2 comments:

  1. That is so true. I don't like using ketchup that isn't Heinz. It's just got that perfect taste.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it might be like how people thought that Ford was so good because it was the industry leader. I love Heinz too, but is it really any better than other catsup

    ReplyDelete