Sunday, October 31, 2010

That is Music to My Ears!

It's interesting that as we talked about post-consumer purchase evaluations and the different outcomes, I realized that I have rarely experienced buyer's remorse in regards to the purchases I have made in the past. An experience that comes to mind is that of a recent purchase I made; over Fall Break, on a trip to Burlington Coat Factory, I decided I needed to buy a new coat for both informal and formal occasions. The need arose as I realized that time had indeed taken a toll on my old coat. As soon as I realized the need, the rest almost seemed automatic...I began looking through the coat isles for the type of product I needed: a medium length black coat that was stylish and of good quality, yet affordable. I found two coats that met the criteria I had mentally formed; one was a Calvin Klein brand and the other was a Lazetti brand. In mind I was thinking "Calvin Klein." Not only is Calvin Klein a well known brand name, I have heard of numerous positive things attributed to the brand. This should have been an easy decision but for the fact that I was watching my spending, and so, I reluctantly put the Calvin Klein coat back on the rack. The Calvin Klein coat was priced at $99.99 while the Lazetti had an original price tag of $75 but was now on sale for $53.99. I had little to no information on this brand name...however, I decided to try on the coat and was immediately filled with a sense of satisfaction; the coat was very comfortable and it fit my frame perfectly! It was a no brainer decision right there and then: it was affordable, stylish, very comfortable, and most of all, it was a perfect fit. Over the last couple of weeks when I have worn the coat, I have received numerous compliments and positive feedback on my purchase. Several people have told me the coat looks great on me, it looks very expensive and wondered how deep my pockets were to afford such an expensive looking coat, and even asked where I bought it. As stated earlier, I have rarely had regrets over the purchases I have made, and this recent experience is no different. My decision to make a purchase of a brand I knew little about has definitely paid off, and the numerous compliments I have received have been music to my ears!

No comments:

Post a Comment