Sunday, October 31, 2010

Quaker Goes Green

Every morning I always try to grab some sort of cereal bar or piece of fruit before heading to my 8 o'clock class. Until about two weeks ago I was obsessed with the Banana Bread Life Cereal Bars. They taste heavenly, they are that good. However, the Life Cereal bars were really expensive and hard to find. Also, only 6 bars came in a box and so I would have to buy about 3 to get me through the month. So recently I have become an avid supporter of chewy bars. They aren't very healthy for you and they are sort of basic, however their new packaging caught my attention. Chewy Bars have gone green!



Chewy Bars are now almost "box-less". Instead they are connected together in the middle and you can easily rip one off and go. You no longer need to have that troublesome fight to open the box. The packaging also contains more bars and allows you to easily store them in your pantry. I thought this idea was so cool. So cool in fact that I shed a few extra dollars for name brand chewy bars rather than the Kroger brand.

Not only is "being green" important to society but my roommates and many of my friends advocate recycling and not wasting precious resources. As soon as I got home I showed them off. I thought it was so creative and opened a whole new window to packaging for many cereal and food products. Bravo, Quaker. Great choice on going green.

1 comment:

  1. i love this, my roommate is a an avid chewy fan, while i am a special k bar consumer. My roommate bought some of these in the new package the other day and i was impressed. I love the new package so much, i have myself purchased some of the newly packaged chewy bars. I still feel pretty confident that i will stick with my special k, but i wouldnt mind if they adopted a new package as well.

    ReplyDelete