Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween

As Halloween comes to an end I reflect over the past few days that have led up to one of my favorite holidays. The amount of time that I put into my costume, the planning, and finally wearing it in front of my friends to see their reactions. It was of course a fun weekend, but when thinking about the amount of money the american population spends on this one holiday amazing. Whereas you have some people who would rather not spend money and make a costume that they want, you will always have those who want to go buy something that they like. I of course put a lot of thought into doing this, being a college student normally means that you do not have the extra money to spend on luxury things such as an expensive costume you will wear once or twice in a year. But, I had been watching my spending enough to allow myself to go purchase a fairly cheap costume. So in the days leading up to Halloween I racked my brain to figure out what I thought would be an entertaining costume for the weekend.

After deciding on a specific one I made my purchase, and being very content with what I selected I an did not bother with it until the weekend came and it was time for me to finally put it on. Now given no costume is perfect, but this one needed some adjustments luckily I had given myself enough time to make those before going to the costume party that night. Finding things I had left over or laying around my apartment helped and it turned out to be a decent costume, I got some laughs from my friends and a few other comments. Needless to say I enjoyed the holiday very much and it was fun to dress as something that I am not used too. And if you were wondering, I was dressed a golf pro from the early 80s with the high socks and sweatvest.

No comments:

Post a Comment