Sunday, October 31, 2010

Cognitive Dissonance

I probably spend a good 40 percent of my life experiencing buyers regret.
I'm not sure what it is, but the second I get money in any large amount ( a large amount being anything over 50 dollars), I am ready to spend. The crazy thing is, half the time, I'm so eager to spend that I just buy my friends things, like dinner and other needless food related items. The money just burns in my pockets, crying to be spent. And every time I spend needlessly, without fail, i walk out of the store wondering why in the world I just spent money on something that i absolutely do not need. UNfortunately, the concept of returning an item never crosses my mind, so i just walk to the car reveling in my regret and then by the time i get home, I'm over my regret, ready to go indulge myself in a little capitalism once again. It's a problem I've yet to get a handle, but i'm hoping i do soon, because my summer savings are running thin.

No comments:

Post a Comment