Thursday, December 9, 2010

Gift Giving

Christmas most definitely has to be my favorite holiday. I enjoy everything about Christmas. One thing I particularly enjoy is gift giving. This year I am ecstatic about one special gift my dad, brother, and I are giving my mom. We have known for quite a while that we wanted to give her a laptop for Christmas. Even though we knew this, we still had to go through the gestation stage of gift giving. We had to think of the emotions that surrounded the gift (our love and support), the nature of the gift (she has desperately needed a laptop for a period of time), the value of the gift (definitely beyond the monetary value), and the amount of time spent searching for the gift. We researched several computers trying to decide exactly which one would fit her purposes the best. We also researched prices (in store and online). We then decided to purchase the laptop from Best Buy online.

The laptop has just arrived so now it is time for the presentation. Even though we are not going to give her the gift quite yet we are going to wrap the gift and place it among the other gifts under the tree. To be completely honest the presentation of this gift is probably going to be one of the highlights of my Christmas knowing that we are making her job easier. Even though the reformation stage applies in many situations I do not think this will be the case in this situation. I do not believe my mom will reevaluate our relationship based solely on this gift or determine to reciprocate based on the gift. I am truly excited for Christmas morning to see her open her new laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment