Friday, December 10, 2010

Video Games

Growing up with video games seemed to be the norm for my age. My first console was a Super Nintendo with Mario Cart! ah what a great game! I see both the pro's and con's of video games looking back over the years. It gave my dad and I a connection and a sense of fun.. when I was winning the games! I am a very competitive gamer so when things wouldn't go quite the way I would like I would throw a fit. Video games can split family time and also increase it, like the Wii. Looking back I can see that I had a huge demand on the latest and greatest graphics and "cool" games. I believe that over the years the gaming industry has made me more materialistic. I am looking for the new hot game of the time. Right now this game would be Call of Duty Black Ops. This game came out in November and now has 360 million dollars of sales! There are thousands of guys and girls just like me looking for the next best thing. Gaming consoles have got the demand and are making great products for the consumer to buy. Xbox has done a great job at releasing new games at the right time with leading features. I do not think I will ever stop playing video games, Xbox has got me hooked! Good job Microsoft

3 comments:

  1. I would have to agree with you. Video games are addicting. Fortunately for me I have not let them get the best of me this semester. I have have had a xbox360 for about three years now. I never took interest in the COD games until Modern Warfare 2, that game got really addicting. I did recently purchase Black Ops and I have to say I am quite impressed.I was very impressed with the multi-player play online. The graphics are ok, but not as impressive as Modern Warfare 2, I think it's a treyarch thing. But overall I think standing in line at midnight here at Anderson's gamestop was well worth it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yea, Black Ops was my birthday present to myself. And I've been pretty addicted to it for weeks. What's even worse is that I decided to buy a live account to go along with it. I had just shared my roommates before that, but I decided that with the new game, I should start fresh and use my own account. So basically I blew 140 bucks on games for myself. But hey it was my birthday so why not?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I never really understood the fascination of the gauge. Sounds like they would be painful. Forgive my ignorance, but what happens in 10 or 15 years later when they're just not as cool as they used to be? What do you do when you have to start interviewing for jobs after you graduate. Or lets say in 6 years or later you have a small family and lets say your spouse gets a job offer with better pay more opportunity somewhere across the country. You then have to do interview all over again with a potential employer that is more conservative and doesn't think of the gauge as fashionable item. Don't get me wrong its your body. It just fascinates me that people do that to themselves. Did you not like your ears how they were? I don't know,
    BTW, just have in context all of my you questions are directed toward your roommate and anybody else that is suffering from this so called addiction.:)

    ReplyDelete